Banks Legal may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. Your continued use of this Site after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. Modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
What we collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, in person, e-mail, through surveys, or otherwise. This includes, but is not limited to, information you provide when you register to use our Site, subscribe to our service, use the “Contact Us” form, draft an online Will or other document or form on our Site and when you report a problem with our Site. The information you give us may include, without limitation, your contact data (such as name, job title, address, P.O. Box number, e-mail address and phone number), passport and other identification numbers, financial and credit card information, personal description, gender, post code, preferences and interests, legal data (such as information about property, assets, marital information, trade secrets), company details or other information relevant to preparing a document, Will or form or providing a service or product. We may also collect the information of third party individuals as necessary to assist you in preparing your Will, document or other form, such as (without limitation) information in relation to beneficiaries and executors of a Will, guardians and relevant minor children under a Will, shareholders and directors of a company and other information.
- Information we collect about you.With regard to each of your visits to our Site we may automatically collect the following information:
(i) technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
(ii) information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); products and/or information you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our telephone number.
(iii) All credit/debit card details will NOT be stored, sold, shared (other than with the providers of our payment gateway mechanism), rented or leased by us to any third parties.
- Information we receive from other sources.We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also work with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and other services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to communicate with you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, including helping you to prepare your online Will, form or other document;
- to facilitate transactions with our third-party marketing partners;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- to periodically send promotional information to you (either directly or indirectly) about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or other contact details which you have provided;
- to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the Site according to your interests; and/or
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to mitigate unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures in respect of the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. The file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our Site in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better Site, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Site.
Links to other websites
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as well as to our affiliates.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers, advertising networks, business partners and other third parties that may use the data to select and serve relevant adverts, products and services to you and others and/or contact you by email, phone or mail. We may also make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’, advertising networks’, business partners’, and other third parties’ wishes by displaying their advertisement, products or services to you; and/or
- to selected third parties for research purposes or to inform you of other products or services that may be of interest to you; and/or
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Site.
We will not, however, disclose any information to third parties that you upload to our Site in relation to (i) any bequests under your DIFC Will; (ii) any identification numbers (including Emirates ID numbers and passport numbers); (iii) any birthdates (iv) any information provided other than in relation to you or your spouse (i.e. in relation to your executors, your guardians, your children or your witnesses), unless we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data as set out below.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Banks Legal or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Banks Legal, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; and/or
- should Banks Legal be appointed as an Executor under your Will, for the purposes of discharging obligations and duties in accordance with any relevant laws.
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We disclaim any liability whatsoever for any theft, loss or interception of, or unauthorized access or damage to your information, data and communications resulting from by using the Site, our products and/or services. You agree and acknowledge that you understand and assume these risks.
Controlling your personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you, subject to you providing evidence of your identity. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.